Capcom has announced the Street Fighter V Road to Tokyo Asia Invitational 2019 tournament, which will give SFV players in Southeast Asia a chance to compete in the Asia Invitational tournament to be held at Tokyo Game Show 2019 with a grand prize of 1 million yen.
The countries competing in the Road to Tokyo Asia Invitational 2019 tournament include Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. The event will be divided into two parts – an online singles qualifying tournament and a regional qualifiers with national representatives.
The online singles qualifying tournament will determine the four players that will represent each country in the regional qualifiers. The top three teams from the regional qualifiers will then be flown to Tokyo Game Show 2019 to compete at the Asia Invitational 2019 tournament against the Japanese national team to held on September 13, 2019 at Tokyo Game Show 2019.
Additionally, the players of the invited teams will also be invited to compete in the Capcom Pro Tour 2019 Asia Premier tournament, which is also taking place during Tokyo Game Show 2019 on September 14 to 15, 2019.
The details of the singles qualifying tournaments for the Road to Tokyo Asia Invitational 2019 are listed below, the details of the regional qualifying tournament will be announced at a later date.
Singles Qualifying Tournament
- Regions: Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Philippines
- Overview: Top four players from each region (one reserve player) of the first online
qualifier will each form a regional representative team and proceed to the second
- Date: 8/7-8/25 (Event to be held in each region)
- Entry site: amptesports.io (http://amptesports.io/)
- Entry conditions: Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of registration.
- Match format: Singles tournament